Albuterol generic can be used to treat respiratory problems, as it helps in making breathing to be easier. The drug does this by opening air passages and relaxing muscles. With this bronchodilator, you can have relief from bronchospasm and bronchospasm which is exercise-induced. You can use Albuterol generic Inhalation for some other health-related health problems
Albuterol generic can be used to treat respiratory problems, as it helps in making breathing to be easier. The drug does this by opening air passages and relaxing muscles. With this bronchodilator, you can have relief from bronchospasm and bronchospasm which is exercise-induced. You can use Albuterol generic Inhalation for some other health-related health problems which this guide may or may not list.
Albuterol generic is recommended for people suffering from breathing problems, and refilling regularly is very important, so that during emergency, you never run out of your reliever. Tapering your other medications is not necessary, and you should take other medicines as they have been prescribed to you.
If your asthma attacks cannot be prevented or treated effectively by any of your respiratory medications, you should consult your doctor. Also, the doctor should be consulted if you feel there is the need to increase your dose in a single day. In most cases, this is an early sign of a serious asthma attack.
Call the doctor or local poison help line at 1-800-222-1222 immediately in the case of an overdose. An Albuterol generic Inhalation overdose can cause serious health conditions.
Find a place not exposed to excessive heat and store the drug there, as excessive heat may rupture the container of the drug. Also, medicine canister is very inflammable.
Before you use Albuterol generic inhalation
Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation should not be used by people allergic to it or any of its ingredients. For the safe use of the drug, you should talk to your doctor about all your medical history. Some of the situations that you should report to your doctor before taking this medication are:
- Disturbances in heart rhythm
- Hypertension, congestive heart failure or any heart problem
- Neurological disorders such as epilepsy
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
FDA pregnancy category C: it is believed that Albuterol generic on fetus adversely affects the fetus, and this is why if you are pregnant or have a plan to get pregnant, you should talk to your doctor before using this drug.
It is still not known if Albuterol generic is passed into breast milk or may cause any harm to a nursing baby. However, for any untoward health issue to be avoided, you should not breast feed your baby when you are on Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation medication.
If you have children below the age of 4, you should not use Albuterol generic on them. Also, you should not give the Albuterol generic solution using nebulizer if your son or daughter is below the age of 2.
The side effects of Albuterol generic inhalation
Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation should not be used if you are allergic to it or any of the major ingredients of the medication, and you should call your doctor if you have difficulty in breathing or notice swelling of your lips, face, tongue or throat.
Some of the serious side effects of the medication are:
- Angina, heart pounding or irregular heartbeats
- Low Potassium (uneven pulse rate, perplexity, extreme thirst, muscle weakness or limp feeling, excessive urination)
- Bronchospasm (wheezing, chest tightening, etc.), especially when the patient starts to make use of a new canister for the medication
- Nervousness, anxiety or tremors
- Hypertension (severe headache, ringing in the ears, loss of vision, anxiety, perplexity, breath shortening, chest pain, seizures and uneven heart beats)
Less serious side effects are:
- Insomnia or loss of sleep;
- Headache and dizziness;
- Cough & cold, running nose and sore or hoarse throat
- Dry mouth or throat, excessive thirst
- Mild nausea, vomiting
- Muscle pain
There are many other side effects not listed above. Seek medical attention immediately in case you feel extremely unwell. The matter may also be reported to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
What to do if the patient misses a dose?
The dose should be taken immediately as soon as you remember. However, it should be skipped if it is almost the time for the next intake. Taking 2 doses as once is not recommended.
What happens if I overdose?
In case of an overdose, seek medical help immediately or call this number 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of Albuterol generic Inhalation is likely to lead to serious health issues.
Overdose may result in several health problems. Symptoms are nervousness, headache, nausea, throat irritation, vomiting, chest pain, pain spreading to shoulders and arms, uneven heart rate, dizziness, convulsions, dizziness, and tremors.
What you need to avoid
Do not allow the medication to have contact with your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes thoroughly with cold water and consult an eye specialist.
How a patient should Albuterol generic inhalation
During the use of Albuterol generic Inhalation, follow doctor’s prescription, also taking into account other instructions in the prescription manual. Before taking the medication, meet your doctor, and speak with him about the drug’s use, side effects, risks and benefits.
If it is the first time you are taking Albuterol generic inhalation, you should first test medication, spraying it 4 times in the air. While doing this, keep the inhaler away from your face.
Before use, you should shake well, and if you have not used the inhaler for at least 2 weeks, you should test-spray it again.
Only inhaler device should be used for consuming Albuterol generic for the correct dose. These are some of the dos and don’ts for using this inhaler:
- Before each spray, shake the device well
- For the intake, remove the cap of the mouthpiece, completely exhaling. Putting the mouthpiece, close your mouth tightly, after which you would inhale and hold the breath for about 10 seconds. Then, exhale slowly.
- The method should be followed if you are interested in having another inhalation. However, you should do it after a 1-minute buffer-time. For the second intake, the canister should be shaken again.
- Your inhaler should be kept clean and dry. The inhaler and nebulizer should be regularly cleaned. For proper hygiene, the mouthpiece should be put under hot running water for 30 seconds. It should be stored in cool place with the cap placed on the mouthpiece. After excess water is removed, it should be left to dry before they are put together again.
- Cleaning the inhaler is necessary because that prevents it from getting blocked.
How to use Albuterol generic with Nebulizer?
- Make sure you have sufficient amount of Albuterol generic, measuring it by using the provided dropper or using enough ampules. It should be attached to the nebulizer.
- The mouthpiece should be attached to the drug chamber and the drug chamber to the compressor.
- Be in a comfortable position and sit upright. After that, put the mouthpiece inside your mouth and then turn on the compressor.
- Slowly inhale. Usually, the process takes between 5 and 15 minutes. The medication lasts until there is no vapor again forming by the nebulizer and the drug chamber is empty.
- After usage, clean the nebulizer.
If your medications are not effectively preventing or treating asthma attacks, consulting your specialist is what you should do. The doctor should be consulted if you feel there is the need to increase the dose in a single day. This can be an early sign of a serious asthma attack.
It is important to refill regularly so that you always have your reliever even during emergency. It is not necessary to taper your other medications, and other medications should be taken as prescribed.
The medication should be stored at room temperature, protecting it from heat and moisture. Medicine canister may be ruptured by an excessive amount of heat. Drug canister is highly inflammable.
Albuterol generic (ProAir HFA) for COPD, Acute: I really love this drug because it makes me carry out my daily activities like before. I have not even experienced any side effect, which is why I am giving it a rating of 10++
Albuterol generic (Proventil HFA) for Asthma, Maintenance: I don’t recommend buying this drug. I used it and did not experience any improvement in my condition.