Baclofen Generic is a muscle relaxant for cases of multiple sclerosis, any injury or disease, stiffness and pain, and it has had the approval of the FDA since 1997. Taken as an antiseptic agent, this drug is in two forms, which are oral and injectable suspension. The injectable form is ideal for patients unable to
Baclofen Generic is a muscle relaxant for cases of multiple sclerosis, any injury or disease, stiffness and pain, and it has had the approval of the FDA since 1997. Taken as an antiseptic agent, this drug is in two forms, which are oral and injectable suspension. The injectable form is ideal for patients unable to take the drug by mouth.
Baclofen Generic Overdose Side Effects
Baclofen Generic overdose should always be avoided because it causes drowsiness, dizziness or dry mouth, and the doctor should be called immediately you start experiencing those symptoms.
What To Avoid When Taking Baclofen Generic?
Feeling drowsy is one of the side effects of Baclofen Generic, which makes it necessary not to drive or do any tedious work when taking the medication. No other muscle-relaxing drug should also be taken.
The Side Effects Of Baclofen Generic
You should immediately seek medical help if you notice any allergic reaction symptoms, some of which are swelling on face, throat and lips, with signs such as hives and difficulty in breathing being common. Some of the most popular side effects of Baclofen Generic medication are:
- feeling like you might pass out
- vision problem
- dry mouth
- Confusion, restless
- Diarrhea, nausea
- Loss of appetitie
- Seizure disorder
- Upset stomach
- Muscle pain or back pain
- Excess urination
There are many other side effects of Baclofen Generic not listed above. Inform your doctor if you experience any other symptom, and you should not commence using any other medication while on Baclofen Generic treatment
Baclofen Generic Dosage
When on Baclofen Generic oral medication for muscle spasm
Everyday, you should take 5 mg oral dosage 3 times, and for 3 days 10mg if you are an adult, or as per prescribed by your doctor. If you have the 80 mg per day dosage, you should divide it into 4 doses.
During Baclofen Generic Intrathecal Pump Treatment
The 50 mcg or 1 mL should be used in a test first. The patient should then be observed for the next 4-8 hours for any positive response. Then, continue by gradually increasing the dosage as directed by the doctor. In most cases, the dosage would be from 1.5ml to2 ml
Usual Baclofen Generic Adult Dosage for Hiccups:
The 5 mg oral dosage should be taken 3 times daily for 3 days or 10mg if you are an adult or as per prescribed by your doctor. If you have the 80 mg per day dosage, you should divide it into 4 doses.
Usual Baclofen Generic Adult Dosage for Cerebral Spasticity:
Start with the 50 mcg or 1 mL dosage. You will be observed by the doctor for the next 4-8 hours for any positive response. After that, the dosage would be gradually increased from 1.5ml to 2 ml.
Other Medications Which Affect The Baclofen Generic Dosage
Before the Baclofen Generic is taken, you should inform your physician about other medications being currently administered on you. The class of drugs to watch out for are:
- Seizure drugs,
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxers
- Depression, anxiety medications
- Cold and allergy drugs
The above list is not exhaustive when looking for interactions with generic Baclofen. Some herbal products, vitamins or over the counter drugs can also play many negative roles. Therefore, you should consult your doctor before you start a new drug after having undergone Baclofen Generic treatment.
How Baclofen Generic Oral Is Used
- Get a glass full of water and take Baclofen Generic oral by mouth
- The drug is taken usually 3 times a day, and should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
- To prevent the side effects of Baclofen Generic Oral, the doctor might first keep you on low dosage and then gradually increase the dose
- The instructions of the doctor should be carefully followed
- The dosage of Baclofen Generic is based on the patient’s medical situation. Thus, it should not be changed without the knowledge of the doctor.
- The medication should be taken same time daily, as this gives the best results
- To prevent serious health issues, the treatment should not be stopped without consulting your healthcare provider.
- Consult your doctor if you experience the withdrawal symptoms of Baclofen Generic, some of which are seizures and hallucinations. That might require changing the dosage.
- The dosage of Baclofen Generic might takes up to 2 months before the patient starts seeing best results. The doctor should be informed if there is no improvement in the health situation
How Baclofen Generic intrathecal pump is used
- An injectable pump is used in administering Baclofen Generic.
- Usually, an implanted pump is put under the skin being injection. From time to time, the doctor will fill and refill the pump with drug.
- if you are going to use the drug on your own, you should learn all the instructions from your doctor
- You should not use the drug if you notice discoloration of the Baclofen Generic.
- You should visit your doctor frequently for more medical help.
- Let your doctor know in the case of Baclofen Generic reactions. Some of the contradictions are redness, fever, swelling, pain and chills around the side of the pump.
What You Should Know About The Baclofen Generic Medication
Thoughts and reaction might be affected by the Baclofen Generic dosage. Therefore, the patient should not drive or do any tedious work during medication.
To reduce the withdrawal symptoms of the drug, during treatment, avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
The risk of suffering from ovarian cyst exists if you have a long term usage of Baclofen Generic drug. Therefore, you should let your doctor know about such situations.
The Baclofen Generic medication should be stored at room temperature away from moisture and direct sunlight.
Before The Use Of The Baclofen Generic Muscle Relaxer
Baclofen Generic should not be used if the patient has an allergy to muscle relaxing drugs.
You should let your doctor know if you are suffering from:
- Kidney or liver disorder
- History of strokes
- Seizure disorder or epilepsy
- Blood clots