Combining with the other medicines, Ethionamide is used for treating tuberculosis. Apart from that, doctors also prescribe this medicine to treat different other health conditions. Ethionamide is made up with antibacterial component. This component is used to prevent the growth of tuberculosis cells, causing immediate death to the cells. This is antibiotic agent only treats
Combining with the other medicines, Ethionamide is used for treating tuberculosis. Apart from that, doctors also prescribe this medicine to treat different other health conditions. Ethionamide is made up with antibacterial component. This component is used to prevent the growth of tuberculosis cells, causing immediate death to the cells. This is antibiotic agent only treats bacterial infection it does not affect viral infection. Hence before this particular antibiotic intake it is better to take proper suggestion from the health caregiver.
Before taking Ethionamide what should I check
- Right before taking this medicine it is best to take proper suggestion from the health care professional in case if you are pregnant , planning to conceive a child shortly or if you are on breast feeding.
- When you are on any prescription on non prescription drug or any sort of herbal medicine or even taking dietary supplements, before Ethionamide intake, talk to the physician.
- This sort of medicine may cause some allergic reactions so it is better to seek suggestions from the Healthcare professionals, if you are allergic to deferent sort of food or medicals substances.
How should I use Ethionamide
- Definitely as directed by your physician you should take the medicine but if you are administering the medicines on your own you should check the label and follow the instructions given.
- Somehow if you have missed the dose and several hours have passed then it is better to take the next dose the moment you remember it.
- Ethionamide can be taken with the combination of other drugs if you miss a dose and if you are directed by the physician to take the drug regularly then after missing the dise you should take it as early as possible. But if several hours have passed and you are quite near to the next dose then without doubling the dose you should take the next one. It would be dangerous if you take two doses and a time.
What are the side effects I may experience?
- Among the side effects this medicine may cause nausea diarrhoea, stomach pain increased saliva vomiting tendency. If the side effect is getting worse or it is increasing with every passing moment then you should contact your pharmacist or doctor promptly.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you are undergoing severe health conditions like unusual hunger or loss of appetite, unusual sweating, unusual tiredness, black urine, swelling, mental or mood swinging, itching skin Rash trouble breathing.
- In case of unusual muscle cramps, metallic taste, mouth sores you must check with the pharmacist.
What safety measures I should follow
There are few safety measures that you should follow while taking this medication.
- You should avoid exposure to the sun or sun lamps as this medicine cause weird sensitivity to sunrays. In some cases if you don’t use protective clothes or sunscreen then chances are there that you generate skin rashes.
- Vitamin B supplements should be taken along with this medication.
- If you are having diabetes then while taking this medication, you should check your blood sugar from time to time.
You should avoid taking alcohol or any other similar drug or even an antidepressant. As Ethionamide is known to affect badly when taken along with them.